Tuesday, 26 April 2016

A view of the future

Well, future is one of my favorite topics. I’ve thought about it a lot and I’ve read some books about future.
For example, George Orwell’s novel “1984” is a dystopia and it tells us about the world where literally everything is under control of some members of the Inner Party. People live in constant fear and monitored by thousands of cameras. Definitely, they are all very unhappy. They even don’t have the opportunity to make love, just like the main characters: Winston Smith and Julia. The novel is breathtaking but I don’t believe that our future will be that bad.


Actually, it seems to me that it’ll be more like in novel «Brave New World» written in by Aldous Huxley. That could sound a bit depressive, though. In that world, there’s no parents: children are grown in laboratories; everything is designed around convenience and everyone is seeking for entertainment. Everybody is expected to be happy, everyone woks only few hours a day. However, there’s no culture anymore in Aldous Huxley’s world. Government need people who don’t think, who can only consume and produce what others can consume. And that’s what I’m really anxious about. People can stop thinking because of a variety of entertainments around them. Why make an effort if you can just go and get pleasure?

To sum up, frankly, I hope that people are strong and smart enough not to stop developing and to resist the temptation of life-long pleasure.


No comments:

Post a Comment